Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may have lost their $20 million Spotify deal, however, they can still fall back on their Netflix cash.
The royal pair are reportedly not parting ways with the streamer — as long as they keep on producing relevant content.
Harry, 38, and Markle, 41, had signed an estimated $100 million contract with Netflix back in 2021.
A Netflix spokesperson recently told Entertainment Tonight — via The Mirror — that “the bond with Archewell Productions is one we deeply value. ‘Harry & Meghan’ launched as Netflix’s most spectacular documentary debut to date.”
“Our exciting journey with them isn’t ending anytime soon,” they said. “We’re currently collaborating on numerous projects, including the much-anticipated documentary series ‘Heart of Invictus.’”
They dropped the aforementioned bombshell docuseries “Harry & Meghan” last year and a forthcoming doc about the Invictus Games is set to be released in August.
On Monday, an insider claimed to the Sun that the Duke of Sussex “have been paid only half” of their Netflix money and “they will get the rest only if they produce content of real interest.”
However, the industry source added that the streaming service is ecstatic over the viewing numbers for the “Harry & Meghan” series. Over two million households saw the premiere episode when it launched last December.
The outlet alleged that this number proves that the duo can be “box-office hits with the right format.”
“There’s no question of a headline-grabbing, public parting of the way,” the insider noted. “Netflix was pleased to sign Harry and Meghan and is looking for some great ideas going forward.”
“But the remainder of the deal relies on them producing those good ideas. The deal’s continually under review which is normal for ones of this magnitude,” they explained.
Due to Harry and the former actress’ plethora of content deals, royal experts Angela Levin and Richard Fitzwilliams have questioned if the couple’s media empire is actually starting to crash and burn.
Levin told the Sun earlier this month that the Sussexes’ “value isn’t as high as it once was,” and their radio contract bombing is proof that their Hollywood kingdom is “crumbling.”
“People are fed up with them now,” the “Harry: A Biography of a Prince” author said, adding that their forthcoming show plans will be “disastrous.”
Fitzwilliams also shaded the pair, saying the conclusion of their Spotify contract is a “shocking failure.”
“The idea was that several series would be produced. Since only one was, there’s no doubt the contract could be considered a failure. Clearly this relationship hasn’t been as mutually beneficial,” he said.
The Post has reached out to Harry and Markles’ reps for comment.
Top 6 harry and meghan split Synthesized by BSS news
Prince Harry, Meghan split with Spotify, ending reported $20M podcast partnership
- : cleveland.com
- : 01/16/2023
- : 4.86 (721 vote)
- : LOS ANGELES – Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, have parted ways with Spotify, ending their multi-million-dollar …
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle find ‘independence’ from each other, but won’t split
- : thenews.com.pk
- : 07/18/2022
- : 4.59 (281 vote)
- : Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who have been in news for last few months about their relationship, have entered a new phase of romance.
Prince Harry Says the Press Tries to “Break Up” His Marriage to Meghan Markle to This Day
- : marieclaire.com
- : 09/26/2022
- : 4.34 (247 vote)
- : Prince Harry is testifying in his court case against Mirror Group Newspapers, and says the tabloids try to break up his marriage.
Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Split With Spotify After Less Than a Year of ‘Archetypes’ Podcast
- : billboard.com
- : 06/21/2023
- : 4 (413 vote)
- : Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Split With Spotify After Less Than a Year of ‘Archetypes’ Podcast. The streaming company and the couple’s Archewell …
Harry and Meghan split rumors continue to swirl: Would the Royal family welcome him back?
- : marca.com
- : 04/11/2023
- : 3.86 (498 vote)
- : Speculation continues to suggest that Harry wants to move back to the United Kingdom, despite the fact he renounced all his royal privileges.
Harry and Meghan to split ‘within five years’ and Prince will return to UK, according to TV personality
- : dailyrecord.co.uk
- : 12/09/2022
- : 3.67 (227 vote)
- : Harry and Meghan to split ‘within five years’ and Prince will return to UK, according to TV personality. Jeremy Kyle has claimed the Duke …
- : Rae, who was formally the royal editor at the Sun, labelled Prince Harry a “total disgrace” over the legal bills he has run up which the taxpayer will be forced to pay for. The Duke of Sussex failed in his attempt to bring a second legal challenge …