Like every year, Muslims around the world will be celebrating Eid al-Fitr Festival 2023. It is expected to come this year by the start of May. Muslims all over the world will be celebrating Eid al-Fitr 2023 with a difference of a day or two, depending on the time zone that they are in. It also depends on the sighting of the moon of Shawal. Eid al-Fitr will be celebrated by Muslims after they complete their fasting for the month of Ramadan. Ramadan 2023 came in March, which was comparatively a hotter Ramadan for Muslims in most of countries. Eid al-Fitr 2023 will be a three-day holiday in most countries, but most the non-Muslim countries do not have a day off on Eid. Let’s talk about a few obligations that Muslims have to follow when it comes to Eid al-Fitr 2023:
- Muslims are required to pray the special Eid prayer in the congregation. Usually, it is performed by Muslims in a certain area together. It gives Muslims a lesson that no matter what, all Muslims are equal in the eyes of Allah. It also reminds Muslims about brotherhood with other fellow human beings.
- Muslims are encouraged to stay clean and wear clean, preferably new clothes on the occasion of Eid to live in the spirit of celebration.
- Muslims are also required to share their festivities with the underprivileged, especially when it comes to food cooked on Eid.
When we talk about some of the traditions that will be followed on Eid al-Fitr Festival 2023, to name a few:
- Muslims are encouraged to begin their day by eating a date before leaving for Eid prayer, this is considered a Sunnah, and hence it is followed by a lot of Muslims.
- Muslims are also encouraged to listen to the Eid Sermon after the Eid prayer, as it is also considered one of the essential parts of the Eid prayer.
- Muslims greet one another ‘Eid Mubarak’ when they return from the mosque after their Eid prayer. They hug each other and receive Eid greetings.
- Most Muslims around the world eat sweets for breakfast to celebrate Eid festivities. These sweets vary in different countries, for instance in Pakistan people usually prefer eating s sweet dish called vermicelli.
- Muslims gather together to meet their families and have meals together to revive the spirit of love and togetherness.
Follow Prayer Times NYC for Eid prayer timing.
The traditions vary in different countries depending upon their cultures; however, the spirit of peace, love, and togetherness remains constant throughout the world.
Eid al-Fitr Festival 2023 Expected Dates:
Eid al-Fitr is celebrated each year on a different day, following the Islamic calendar and on the first Shawal. This marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan. This year, it is expected to fall in the mid of May. For countries who began their Ramadan earlier, Eid al-Fitr 2023 will fall on Friday, April 21, 2023. While for others it will be celebrated a day later on Saturday, April 22, 2023. These dates, however, are not certain as they can change depending on the sighting of the Moon.
Eid Mubarak Greetings Messages 2023