Derma roller for your beard? Yes, you heard that right. A derma roller is a great tool to use if you want to improve the appearance of your beard.
It can help make your beard look fuller and thicker, and it can also help reduce itching and irritation.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to use a derma roller for your beard, as well as the benefits of using one.
How do derma rollers work?
Derma rollers (aka beard rollers) work by puncturing the skin with hundreds of tiny needles. This causes micro-injuries to the skin.
When these micro-injuries are inflicted, the body goes into a healing response, which results in new collagen and elastin being produced. This new collagen can help improve the appearance of the skin, including the skin on your beard.
How to use a derma roller on your beard
Here are the steps to use a beard derma roller:
1. Start by washing your beard with a quality beard wash and warm water.
2. Pat your beard dry with a towel.
3. Apply a thin layer of topical anesthetic to the area you will be rolling. This will help reduce any pain or discomfort you may experience.
4. Roll the derma roller over your beard in all directions, including up and down and side to side. Do this for about 5 minutes.
5. Rinse your beard with cold water and pat it dry.
6. Apply beard oil or balm to your beard.
7. Repeat this process 2-3 times per week for best results.
Should I shave before using a derma roller?
Shaving before using a derma roller is not necessary, but it may help ensure that the roller can move more easily over your skin. It can also help remove any dead skin cells that may block the roller from penetrating the skin or hair.
If you have a lot of hair on your face, you may want to shave first so that the roller can penetrate the hair follicles more easily. If you do shave, make sure to use a sharp razor and avoid any cuts.
What size derma roller should you use?
The derma roller size that you should use depends on the area of your beard that you want to treat. If you are just starting out, we would recommend starting with a 0.5mm roller.
If you have been using a derma roller for a while and feel comfortable using a more aggressive treatment, you can try a 1.0mm or 1.5mm roller.
However, we would not recommend using a roller that is larger than 1.5mm unless you are specifically being treated by a doctor.
How much pressure should I apply?
The amount of pressure you should apply when using a derma roller for your beard will vary depending on your individual skin type and the size of the roller.
However, as a general rule, you should use light to moderate pressure when rolling the roller over your skin.
You should apply enough pressure so that the roller feels slightly uncomfortable but not painful.
How long should I use a derma roller?
How long you should use a derma roller depends on the size of the derma roller, as well as your skin type and the condition of your beard.
In general, you should use a derma roller for at least 5 minutes per session. You can use it up to 3 times per week, but be sure to allow your skin time to recover in between treatments.
You should also make sure to sterilize your derma roller before and after each use. You can do this with a spray of colloidal silver or isopropyl alcohol. This will help prevent infection and ensure that the roller is clean and safe to use.
What happens if you Dermaroll too often?
If you Dermaroll too often, you could potentially cause damage to your skin. This is because when you Dermaroll, you are causing tiny injuries to the skin. If these injuries are repeated too often, they can cause the skin to become irritated and damaged.
So, if you are planning on using a derma roller for your beard, be sure to do so sparingly in order to avoid any damage.
It is important to only derma roll your skin 2-3 times a week and allow at least 48 hours between each session, giving your skin time to heal.
If you experience excessive redness, swelling, or irritation after using a derma roller, stop using it and consult a dermatologist.
Can I use beard oil after derma rolling?
Yes, you can use beard oil after derma rolling. In fact, using beard oil after derma rolling is a great way to maximize the benefits of both treatments.
Beard oil will help moisturize and nourish your beard, while the derma roller will help increase the absorption of beard oil.
You can also use a beard growth oil or serum containing caffeine and biotin, which helps in stimulating beard growth even more.
Derma roller benefits
The benefits of using a derma roller for your beard include:
Reduced itching and irritation –
The roller’s micro-needles can help improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation, which can help reduce the itching and irritation that often comes with growing a beard.
Increased hair growth –
The derma roller can help stimulate hair growth, which can make your beard look fuller and thicker.
Increased collagen production –
The skin of your face is constantly losing and producing new cells, but this process slows down as you age, which can lead to wrinkles and sagging skin over time.
Reduced beard split ends –
The derma roller can help reduce split ends in beard hair, which can make your beard look neater and healthier.
Better blood circulation –
The derma roller can help improve blood circulation, which can help stimulate beard growth.
Improved skin health –
The derma roller can help improve the overall health of your skin, including reducing the appearance of scars, stretch marks, and wrinkles.
Reduced hair loss-
The derma roller can also help reduce hair loss, which is beneficial if you are experiencing a patchy beard or hair loss (like scalp hair) in other areas of your body as well.
Where can I find a beard roller?
If you are looking for a way to improve the appearance of your beard, a derma roller may be the solution for you. The Wild Willies Derma Roller Kit is a great option if you want to try using a derma roller for your beard.
It comes with everything you need to get started, and it is affordable too. So, if you are interested in trying out this facial hair-growth boosting tool, give the Wild Willies Derma Roller Kit a try today!
Top 3 derma roller for beard Synthesized by BSS news
Do Derma Rollers Work for Beard Growth?
- : healthline.com
- : 04/25/2023
- : 4.72 (326 vote)
- : Microneedling with a derma roller may benefit beard growth, as it has benefits for hair growth and skin health. But it may also cause side …
- : If you Dermaroll too often, you could potentially cause damage to your skin. This is because when you Dermaroll, you are causing tiny injuries to the skin. If these injuries are repeated too often, they can cause the skin to become irritated and …
Derma Rollers for Beard Growth: Do They Work?
- : theruggedbros.com
- : 11/26/2022
- : 4.41 (490 vote)
- : To our knowledge, there’s no reputable study saying a derma roller really benefits beard growth. Most of the studies on rollers and …
- : In the end, The Rugged Bros salute all healthy beards, regardless of how “heavy” or thick they are. There’s a beard style to suit every guy, even those with fewer follicles and sparser whisker growth. We encourage you to find your style that works – …
9 Best Derma Rollers For Beard Growth and Health 2023
- : fashionbeans.com
- : 12/11/2022
- : 4.37 (581 vote)
- : 1. Best Overall Derma Roller For Beards: Wattne Derma Roller · The titanium blade is durable and makes cleaning a breeze · The 0.25 millimeter …
- : If you’re a man who appreciates the healing power of nature, then the Young17 kit is for you. This product includes a special beard oil infused with jojoba, rosehips, argan oil and calendula to nourish your skin and hair while simultaneously …