Beavis And Butt-Head Costumes
Mike Judge’s ‘Beavis And Butthead’ is a classic adult animated series. The show documents the misadventures of its titular characters. Beavis and Butt-Head are over-the-top stereotypes of the classic ‘slacker teenager’ trope. The duo has been entertaining weird dudes like myself for decades.Beavis and Butt-Head also make great Halloween costumes, especially for people who don’t want to dress up too much. Today, we are going to go over how to make your own Beavis and Butt-head costumes. You can use this guide to prepare for Halloween or to do a great throwback cosplay.
RELATED: How To Make Your Own Nacho Libre Costume
Beavis And Butt-Head’s Band Shirts
The band shirts that Beavis and Butt-head wear are very basic. The bands themselves most likely don’t sell these shirts. Luckily, many people have recreated these shirts in the classic Beavis and Butt-Head style. If you are dressing up as Beavis, you are going to need a blue shirt with a Metallica logo on it. If you are dressing up as Butt-head, you will need a black or dark grey shirt with an AC/DC logo on it. Shop On Amazon:
- Beavis’ Blue Metallica T-Shirt
- Butt-Head’s ACDC T-Shirt
Beavis And Butt-Head’s Shorts
Beavis and Butt-head are always wearing the same pairs of shorts. Based on the design’s lack of texture, and how high above the knee they are, my guess is that they are just wearing regular cotton shorts. These are very easy to find at most stores or online. I own a bunch myself that I use as pajamas.For a Beavis costume, you will need dark grey shorts. For a Butt-Head costume, you will need red shorts.Shop On Amazon:
- Soffe MJ Men’s Heavy Weight Cotton/Poly Jersey Short
- Southpole Men’s Basic Fleece Shorts
Beavis And Butt-Head’s Black Shoes
The shoes that Beavis and Butthead wear are very basic. Any low-top black-on-black sneakers should do the trick here. Most of you will probably have a pair like these laying around. However, there are some cheap alternatives available on Amazon. Also, Walmart usually has shoes like these for under twenty dollars.
Shop On Amazon:
- Lugz Men’s Flip Sneaker
- Amazon Essentials Women’s Shelly Sneaker
Additional Tips For Beavis And Butthea Costumes
1. Since the costume is simple, you want your face to complete the look. If you can, fluff up your hair and get yourself clean-shaven.
2. Practice your best Beavis and Butt-Head giggle. The duo is always giggling at something, and it is a defining characteristic of their characters.
3. If want to dress up as Stewart Stevenson, swap the shirt out with a black Winger t-shirt. Stewart also usually wears light blue shorts.
4. There are Beavis and Butt-Head masks available for purchase if you want to get the look just right.
5. If you are going to a party, make sure to bring a lot of nachos for everyone. That is Beavis and Butt-Head’s signature dish.
6. If you are dressed up as Beavis, pull that shirt over you head to instantly transform into the great Cornholio!
Have You Made Your Own Beavis And Butt-Head Costumes?
We hope you enjoyed our guide on how to make your own Beavis and Butt-Head costumes. Are you going to be Beavis or Butt-Head costumes for Halloween? Let us know on social media!